Many people view it as the most precious sensation, yet we often neglect the health of our eyes and forget to nourish it.
In the digital and dynamic world we live in, we often get out of sleep, and more than ever, we tiring our eyes with continuous gaze in computers, TV screens, cell phones … We forget that eye examinations are not required only to get a driver’s license , but that they should be done regularly for the purpose of timely detection of possible diseases and vision problems.
In order to remove bad habits that affect your kind and maintain good eye health, it is necessary to follow the following tips:
- Do not avoid eye examinations. Most people run out of eye exams with different excuses like “I had vision problems, but now everything is fine” or “I see like a falcon, I do not need an eye exam”. The truth is that the good kind does not consist solely of your ability to read, to see the road, traffic signs, and the nature around you. You may have an eye problem in real life without being aware of it. Therefore, do not overlook the examinations of the ophthalmologist next time, but ask for his expert opinion.
- Wash your hands regularly to avoid eye infections. When the hands come into contact with an unclean object, they become bacteria carriers, so they can easily cause infection in contact with the eye. A risk group is the contact lens users because of the frequent contact of the hands with the eyes. If you fall into this group, it is extremely important to wash hands before placing and removing lenses.
- Never use an old or a strange makeup for the eyes. Make-up eyes do not last forever. Although eye shadow looks nice after 2-3 years, it does not mean that it is reasonable to use. If you notice a change in the smell and texture of make-up artists, immediately get rid of them. By timely changing make-ups, you reduce the risk of infection. And one more warning: Never use someone else’s eye make-up and do not share it, regardless of whether it’s your cousin or the best friend.
- Find out about your family’s health history. Ask your family’s closest members if they have ever been diagnosed with an eye disease. It is very important to know the history of illness in your immediate family, because some of them are hereditary. This information will show you whether the risk of eye disease is increased or not.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Excessive weight increases the risk of developing certain conditions like diabetes. One of the negative consequences of diabetes is the appearance of complications of vision.
- Observe light and distance while reading. It may have happened to you while reading a book to feel headache and exhaustion. The most common cause for this is eye fatigue, caused by an insufficiently lit room or from the wrong distance between your eyes and the book. When reading, the book should be away from the eyes about 15 cm. The closer it is, the harder it is for the eyes to focus on the scrolled lines. Read in a well-lit room, but the light source should not be directed straight to your face.
- Try sleeping eight hours a day. Both eyes and other parts of your body need rest. Insufficient sleep can easily lead to eye fatigue, so it is advisable to give away 7-8 hours of quality sleep.